Camille Stearns Miller
Ms. Stearns Miller has litigated cases through trial and appellate levels in federal and state courts. Some of Ms. Stearns Miller’s successful actions in these areas are listed below.
- Served as lead counsel representing the Defendant, a Dallas hospital, in a discrimination case alleging claims of sex and pregnancy discrimination. The court granted Defendant’s Motion for Summary Judgment and awarded costs to Defendant.
- Served as lead counsel for an international seat belt corporation in its San Antonio, Texas facility regarding an American with Disabilities Act (“ADA”), and hostile work environment case. The Court granted Defendant’s Motion for Summary Judgment and awarded costs.
- Served as lead counsel for the same Defendant and the Plaintiff’s complaint contained the following discrimination claims: national origin, age, hostile work environment and retaliation. The Court granted Defendant’s Motion for Summary Judgment on all counts and awarded Defendant’s costs.
- Served as lead counsel for one of the top five international accounting firms in a sex discrimination and failure to promote case. The Court granted Defendant’s Motion for Summary Judgment and the Michigan Court of Appeals upheld the decision.
- Represented numerous school districts in the state of Michigan involving labor and employment litigation claims, tort, construction, constitutional law and public finance litigation.
- Defended management in labor arbitration against administrators, teachers and support staff regarding the following claims: terminations, suspensions, discrimination, curriculum issues and contract interpretation issues.
- Defended corporate management in labor arbitration proceedings regarding terminations, suspensions and interpretation of terms of collective bargaining agreements.
- Represented an international telecommunications corporation in a religious discrimination case. The state trial court granted the Motion for Summary Judgment.
- Served as lead counsel for a large Michigan automobile insurance carrier in a number of cases involving claims of sexual harassment, race, sex, and age or disability discrimination. Matters were resolved via motions for summary judgment or mediation.
- Represented Fortune 500 food industry clients in cases involving claims of sexual harassment, race, national origin and disability claims of discrimination with successful outcomes.
- Served as lead counsel for an international company, which produced quartz glassware for the semi-conductor industry, in a contentious sexual harassment case. Plaintiff alleged ten different men committed acts of sexual harassment during her short three-month tenure with the company. As a result of conducting vigorous discovery, Plaintiff settled the case for a nominal sum.
- Represented an automobile supplier and a national bank in cases involving claims of national origin, age, sex, sexual harassment or disability discrimination. All plaintiffs accepted nominal settlement sums.
- Represented a Texas machine distributor company through an audit process with the U. S. Office of Federal Contract Compliance Program. The company successfully completed the audit process without the assessment of any fines or penalties.
Camille Stearns Miller is a labor and employment attorney that has proudly represented Fortune 500 companies, medium and small corporations, county and local government entities.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES & MEMBERSHIPS
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating 2013-Present
- Alamo City Black Chamber of Commerce—Parliamentarian—Executive Board (Former Board Member)
- Community Advisory Board, Clear Channel Communications, Inc. (Former Board Member)
- Steering Committee Member and Former Co-Chair of the State of Texas Minority Counsel Program
- National Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association (Former Committee Co-Chair Minority)
- Former Committee Co-Chair of the Minority Participation Committee
- Former Committee Co-Chair of the Education Symposium Committee
- April 5, 2017, Panelist, “Sexual Racial and other Harassment and Discrimination”, Sterling Education Services, Inc., San Antonio, Texas
- April 22, 2016, Moderator/Panelist, “Workplace Investigations: Who, What, When, Where, How, Now!” 21st Annual Conference, National Employment Law Council, Orlando, Florida
- April 6, 2016, Panelist—Essentials of Employment Practices, “Harassment and Discrimination in the Workplace”, Sterling Education Services, Inc., San Antonio, Texas
- October 2015, Dallas Bar Association’s Education Symposium Panelist – “Disability Rights – Accommodations”
- September 2015, Corporate Counsel Women of Color Conference, Atlanta Georgia, Moderator – “10 Conflict Resolution Skills Needed for Today’s Workplace”
- September 2015, Corporate Counsel Women of Color Conference, Atlanta, Georgia, Moderator – “A UK Perspective: Seven Traits of Highly Successful Women on Corporate Boards”